Flex 3DS &
Improve success rates, lower costs and stay compliant, using our payment authentication solution Flex 3DS. You are also able to choose the best 3DS strategy for each of your transactions with 3DS routing.
Better success rates
Requires no technical effort
Lower transaction costs
What is 3DS2.2
3DS2.2 is the best way to comply with the SCA regulations. This requires you to build additional authentication into your payment flow, using two out of the following three authentication elements:
- Knowledge (something only the user knows) like a password or PIN.
- Possession (something only the user possesses) like a phone or wearable device.
- Inherence (something the user is) like fingerprints or facial recognition.
How Flex 3DS works
Flex 3DS is a payments authentication solution that is implemented on a gateway level. Transactions are checked taking into account exemptions while supporting both traditional 3DS and 3DS2.2.
- Saves merchants the cost of 3DS acquirer fees and regular transaction fees, for when the transactions are sent, but declined due to authentication issues.
- Increases success rates while lowering the risk of fraud
- Provides a frictionless checkout experience for customers
- Ensures PSD2 compliance with a smooth 3DS2 flow
Compliance does not have to come at the cost of seamless payments!
How 3DS Routing works
3DS routing allows merchants to decide and implement their own 3DS2 strategy. Namely, merchants can choose which transactions they want to pass on to 3DS2, 3DS1, or no 3DS. This feature routes transactions to the most efficient authentication protocol, taking into account exemptions and other valuable information.
- No 3DS: For regular customers with a small likelihood of chargebacks, merchants can route the transactions to no 3DS, ultimately decreasing checkout frictions and potentially preserving loyal customers
- 3DS2: This is the best way to comply with the SCA regulations.
- 3DS 1: if the issuer is not ready for 3DS2, then the transaction will be authenticated with 3DS1.